Basics of Parking Lot Striping
Striping is a precise process – one that requires a little planning before scheduling it. It’s not complicated, but here are the basics.
One of the most frequently asked questions we hear is, “How do we clean a parking lot or garage to get it ready for striping? What needs to be prepped?”
You want to make sure your lot or garage has been cleared and cleaned prior to our arrival – and that may be all you do! Most of the time we do the cleaning, which is typically power washing: That way we know everything is done just right so that we can do our work most efficiently.
Are there weather restrictions? What does the weather have to be?
Great questions, since this IS Milwaukee and the weather can be unpredictable!
- 45 degrees or higher: Striping must be done at temperatures of at least 45 degrees.
- Clear weather: As you can imagine, striping is ineffective when it’s raining or snowing or when there’s snow on the pavement.
- Spring through fall: Usually, April through November are the months to schedule Pentagon to do your striping. This is true regarding conditions for inside (as in parking garages) or outside lots.
What is Pentagon’s basic process for parking lot striping?
We coordinate an appropriate time and day with you, our customer, so you have sufficient time to give notice that your parking lot or garage be cleared of any vehicles and anything else that’s there.
- Verify cleaning: When we arrive onsite, we verify the lot or garage is cleared, cleaned, and dry.
- Cone off areas: We cone off any areas as necessary and set our striping machines up in the appropriate color and line width.
- Painted in about half a day: Then we start the painting of the lines, arrows, stencils, etc., accordingly. We typically complete most projects in four to six hours.
Find out more about Pentagon’s power washing, graffiti removal, and parking lot striping for Milwaukee office parking, Milwaukee bars and restaurant parking, and Milwaukee apartments at https://pentagonpropertyservices.com.
Or call us at (262) 439-8419. We’re all over metro Milwaukee and southeastern Wisconsin, and as always – we’re here to help!